City: Sofia - Hybrid
People Solutions Factory is a boutique HR company specializing in providing strategic support to its clients in the area of Human Capital Management. Our client is Kin and Carta - a global digital transformation consultancy that offers digital assessment, cloud-native platforms, software, agile transformation, and web designing solutions. We are looking for a Senior General Accountant for their newly-established Global Business Services Centre. He/she will join a small boutique operation serving the K+C businesses as a Finance Shared Service centre.
Senior General Accountant
- The role will be direct reporting to a General Accounting Manager based in Sofia and a Head of Finance Transformation based in London.
- The Senior General Accountant will have responsibility for an entire entity within the GBS team. They will work closely with their United Kingdom-based stakeholders to deliver a complete set of financial accounts with supporting balance sheet reconciliations. They will provide support and feedback to the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate and timely posting.
As a Senior General Accountant, your responsibilities will be to:
• Prepare journals for monthly management accounts
• Calculate prepayments and accruals
• Analyse and reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
• Bank reconciliations in multiple currencies
• Assist in administering the company credit card
• Production and submission of UK VAT returns
• Provide support for UK-based stakeholders
• Provide support and feedback to the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate postings
• Act as a reviewer of the AP teammate's work
• Participate in the transition process from UK entities to Sofia
• Participate in continuous development initiatives for the shared service centre
Desired experience and qualifications:
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or related
• At least 2-4 years of accounting experience within a shared service centre/ BPO environment
• Previous experience in auditing would be considered as an advantage
• Understanding of IFRS is essential. Understanding of UK GAAP would be considered as an advantage
• ACCA or CIMA qualification would be considered as an advantage
• Proven experience in working with an ERP system
• A well-developed MS Excel skills
• Excellent English language skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• A can-do attitude and desire to learn and develop further
• Well-developed customer service skills
What the company offers:
- A full-time position with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company
- A hybrid working model and flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance
- Co-subsidised transportation and a Multi-Sport card
- Performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- A self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- Team buildings and other company events
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your CV!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
People Solutions Factory has unlimited License № 2052/31.05.2016 for providing human resources services.